There are those who spend their lives poring over ancient tomes and texts, unlocking the power of magic, and there are those who spend their time perfecting the use of individual weapons, becoming masters without equal. The magus is at once a student of both philosophies, blending magical ability and martial prowess into something entirely unique, a discipline in which both spell and steel are used to devastating effect. As he grows in power, the magus unlocks powerful forms of arcana that allow him to merge his talents further, and at the pinnacle of his art, the magus becomes a blur of steel and magic, a force that few foes would dare to stand against.
Role: Magi spend much of their time traveling the world, learning whatever martial or arcane secrets they can find. They might spend months learning a new sword-fighting style from a master warrior, while simultaneously moonlighting in the local library, poring through tomes of ancient lore. Most who take this path dabble in all sorts of lore, picking up anything that might aid them in their search for perfection.
Hit Die: d8.
The magus's class skills are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Fly (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (planes) (Int), Martial Lore (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Swim (Str), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
Skill Ranks per Level: 2 + Int modifier.
The following table lists the starting gold piece value for magus characters. In addition, each character begins play with an outfit worth 10 gp or less.
The following are the class features of the magus.
|1||Arcane Pool, Cantrips, Weaponbond||1||—||—||—||—||—|
|8||Aura of Agression||8||5||2||—||—||—|
|11||Improved Spell Combat||10||8||5||2||—||—|
|13||Improved Spell Recall||10||10||7||4||1||—|
|17||Greater Spell Combat||10||10||10||8||5||2|
|19||Greater Spell Access||10||10||10||10||7||4|
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A magus is proficient with all simple and martial weapons. They also have the Unarmored Defensive Style. Like any other arcane spellcaster, a magus wearing light, medium armor, heavy armor, or a shield incurs a chance of arcane spell failure if the spell in question has a somatic component.
Spells: A magus casts arcane spells drawn from the magus spell list. A magus must choose and prepare his spells ahead of time. To learn, prepare, or cast a spell, the magus must have an Intelligence score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a magus's spell is 10 + the spell level + the magus's Intelligence modifier. A magus can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on the table above. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Intelligence score (see the Ability Modifiers and Bonus Spells Table). A magus may know any number of spells. He must choose and prepare his spells ahead of time by getting 8 hours of sleep and spending 1 hour studying his spellbook. While studying, the magus decides which spells to prepare.
Spellbooks: A magus must study his spellbook each day to prepare his spells. He cannot prepare any spell not recorded in his spellbook except for read magic, which all magi can prepare from memory. A magus begins play with a spellbook containing all 0-level magus spells plus three 1st-level magus spells of his choice. The magus also selects a number of additional 1st-level magus spells equal to his Intelligence modifier to add to his spellbook. At each new magus level, he gains two new magus spells of any spell level or levels that he can cast (based on his new magus level) for his spellbook. At any time, a magus can also add spells found in other spellbooks to his own (see Arcane Spells). A magus can learn spells from a wizard's spellbook, just as a wizard can from a magus's spellbook. The spells learned must be on the magus spell list, as normal.
Weaponbond (Su) : By spending 1 hour of uninterrupted meditation, a Magus forms a magical bond with his weapon. Only one weapon can be bonded to the Swordmage at a time, and if he forms a new bond with a different weapon, the previous bond is lost. If the Magus dual wields, the bonus only applies to the bonded weapon. Whenever a foe successfully harms you, your bonded weapon is filled with arcane wrath for 1 round, causing it to deal an extra 1d6 damage to that foe on your next attack. This damage increases by 1d6 / three Swordmage levels. If you are allowed to do more than one attack this extra damage only apply on the first attack done to the same opponent. However if more than one foe hit you in the previous rouns yo can apply this damage once on each of them.
Arcane Pool (Su) : A magus gains a reservoir of mystical arcane energy that he can draw upon to fuel his powers and enhance his weapon. This arcane pool has a number of points equal to 1/2 his magus level (minimum 1) + his Intelligence modifier. The pool refreshes once per day when the magus prepares his spells.
- Magic Weapon : A magus can expend 1 point from his arcane pool as a Swift action to grant any weapon he is holding a +1 enhancement bonus until the end of the encounter. For every four levels beyond 1st, the weapon gains another +1 enhancement bonus. These bonuses can be added to the weapon, stacking with existing weapon enhancement to a maximum of +5. Multiple uses of this ability do not stack with themselves. A magus can only enhance one weapon in this way at one time. If he uses this ability again, the first use immediately ends.
- Summon Weaponbond : By expending 1 Arcane Pool pts you can Summon your Bonded Weapon from up to Short Range (25ft +5ft/2 lvl) away. The Range from where you can summon your Weapon increase to medium Range (100ft +10ft/lvl) at level 8 and Long Range (400ft + 40ft/lvl) at level 16.
- Improved Spellcasting : By expending 1 Arcane Pool pts you can increase your next spell cast DC by +1 and Caster Level by +1
Cantrips: A magus can prepare a number of cantrips, or 0-level spells, each day. The number he can prepare is equal to 1 + is Intelligence bonus. This also increase by +1 cantrips per 5 level he have. These spells are cast like any other spell, but they are not expended when cast and may be used at will.
Spellstrike (Su): Whenever a magus casts a spell with a range of “touch” from the magus spell list, he can deliver the spell through any weapon he is wielding as part of a melee attack. Instead of the free melee touch attack normally allowed to deliver the spell, a magus can make one free melee attack with his weapon (at his highest base attack bonus) as part of casting this spell. If successful, this melee attack deals its normal damage as well as the effects of the spell. If the magus makes this attack in concert with spell combat, this melee attack takes all the penalties accrued by spell combat melee attacks. This attack uses the weapon's critical range, but the spell effect only deals ×2 damage on a successful critical hit, while the weapon damage uses its own critical modifier.
Magus Arcana: As he gains levels, a magus learns arcane secrets tailored to his specific way of blending martial puissance and magical skill. Unless specifically noted in a magus arcana's description, a magus cannot select a particular magus arcana more than once. Magus arcana that affect spells can only be used to modify spells from the magus spell list unless otherwise noted.
Light Armor (Ex): A magus gains proficiency with Light Armor. A magus can cast magus spells while wearing Light Armor without incurring the normal arcane spell failure chance. Like any other arcane spellcaster, a magus wearing medium or heavy armor or using a shield incurs a chance of arcane spell failure if the spell in question has a somatic component.
Spell Combat (Ex): A magus learns to cast spells and wield his weapons at the same time. This functions much like two-weapon fighting, but the off-hand weapon is a spell that is being cast. To use this ability, the magus must have one hand free (even if the spell being cast does not have somatic components), while wielding a light or one-handed melee weapon in the other hand. As a full-round action, he can make all of his attacks with his melee weapon at a –2 penalty and can also cast any spell from the magus spell list with a casting time of 1 standard action (any attack roll made as part of this spell also takes this penalty). If he casts this spell defensively, he can decide to take an additional penalty on his attack rolls, up to his Intelligence bonus, and add the same amount as a circumstance bonus on his concentration check. If the check fails, the spell is wasted, but the attacks still take the penalty. A magus can choose to cast the spell first or make the weapon attacks first, but if he has more than one attack, he cannot cast the spell between weapon attacks.
Spell Recall (Su): The magus learns to use his arcane pool to recall spells he has already cast. With a swift action he can recall any single magus spell that he has already prepared and cast that day by expending a number of points from his arcane pool equal to the spell's level (minimum 1). The spell is prepared again, just as if it had not been cast.
Medium Armor (Ex): A magus gains proficiency with medium armor. A magus can cast magus spells while wearing medium armor without incurring the normal arcane spell failure chance. Like any other arcane spellcaster, a magus wearing heavy armor or using a shield incurs a chance of arcane spell failure if the spell in question has a somatic component.
Aura of Agression (Su) : As a Swift action a magus can project airs imbued with arcane emotional manipulation out to 60ft. At the beginning of any hostile creature's turn, if it is within the Aura radius, that creature must make a Will save DC (10 + 1/2 Magus + Magus Int modifier). If that creature fails, it must attack only the Magus for the next (1/2 Magus level) turns. After being effected by this ability, at the end of the duration if they failed their saves, creatures are immune to its effects for 24 hours. At any time, as a free action, a Magus can turn his Aura of Aggression off. This is a Mind-Affecting power.
Improved Spell Combat (Ex): The magus's ability to cast spells and make melee attacks improves. When using the spell combat ability, the magus receives a +2 circumstance bonus on concentration checks, in addition to any bonus granted by taking an additional penalty on the attack roll. The penalty to attack is reduced to -1
Improved Spell Recall (Su): The magus's ability to recall spells using his arcane pool becomes more efficient. Whenever he recalls a spell with spell recall, he expends a number of points from his arcane pool equal to 1/2 the spell's level (minimum 1). Furthermore, instead of recalling a used spell, as a swift action the magus can prepare a spell of the same level that he has in his spellbook. He does so by expending a number of points from his arcane pool equal to the spell's level (minimum 1). The magus cannot apply metamagic feats to a spell prepared in this way. The magus does not need to reference his spellbook to prepare a spell in this way.
Greater Spellstrike (Su): You can now use Spellstrike to cast any touch spell you know as part of a full attack action, and the spell affects each target you hit in melee combat that round. Doing so discharge the spell at the end of the round in the case of a touch spell that would otherwise last longer than 1 round.
Heavy Armor (Ex): The magus gains proficiency with heavy armor. A magus can cast magus spells while wearing heavy armor without incurring the normal arcane spell failure chance. Like any other arcane spellcaster, a magus using a shield incurs a chance of arcane spell failure if the spell in question has a somatic component.
Greater Spell Combat (Ex): The magus gains the ability to seamlessly cast spells and make melee attacks. He receives a +4 circumstance bonus on concentration checks. Whenever he uses the spell combat ability, his concentration check bonus equals double the amount of the attack penalty taken +4. The penalty to attack is reduced to 0
Greater Spell Access (Su): The magus gains access to an expanded spell list. He can now learns any spells on the wizard list and put them into his spellbook as magus spells of their wizard level. He can ignore the somatic component of these spells, casting them without the normal chance of spell failure.
True Magus (Su): The magus becomes a master of spells and combat. Whenever he uses his spell combat ability, he does not need to make a concentration check to cast the spell defensively. Whenever the magus uses spell combat and his spell targets the same creature as his melee attacks, he can choose to either increase the DC to resist the spell by +2, grant himself a +2 circumstance bonus on any checks made to overcome spell resistance, or grant himself a +2 circumstance bonus on all attack rolls made against the target during his turn.
Magus Spell ListModifier
Magi gain access to the following spells.
0-Level Magus Spells— Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, disrupt undead, flare, ghost sound, light, mage hand, open/close, prestidigitation, ray of frost, read magic, spark.
1st-Level Magus Spells—burning hands, chill touch, color spray, corrosive touch, enlarge person, expeditious retreat, feather fall, flare burst, floating disk, frostbite, grease, hydraulic push, jump, magic missile, magic weapon, mount, obscuring mist, ray of enfeeblement, reduce person, shield, shocking grasp, silent image, stone fist, true strike, unseen servant, vanish.
2nd-Level Magus Spells—acid arrow, alter self, bear's endurance, blood transcription, blur, bull's strength, burning gaze, cat's grace, darkness, defensive shock, elemental touch, fire breath, flaming sphere, fog cloud, frigid touch, glitterdust, gust of wind, invisibility, levitate, minor image, mirror image, pyrotechnics, scorching ray, shatter, spider climb, stone call, web.
3rd-Level Magus Spells—aqueous orb, arcane sight, beast shape I, blink, cloak of winds, daylight, dispel magic, displacement, elemental aura, fireball, flame arrow, fly, force hook charge, force punch, gaseous form, haste, hydraulic torrent, keen edge, lightning bolt, magic weapon (greater), major image, monstrous physique I, phantom steed, ray of exhaustion, sleet storm, slow, stinking cloud, undead anatomy I, vampiric touch, versatile weapon, water breathing, wind wall.
4th-Level Magus Spells—arcana theft, ball lightning, beast shape II, black tentacles, detonate, dimension door, dragon's breath, elemental body I, enlarge person (mass), fire shield, firefall, ice storm, invisibility (greater), monstrous physique II, phantasmal killer, reduce person (mass), river of wind, shout, solid fog, stoneskin, vermin shape I, wall of fire, wall of ice, wall of sound.
5th-Level Magus Spells—acidic spray, baleful polymorph, beast shape III, cloudkill, cone of cold, corrosive consumption, elemental body II, fire snake, geyser, interposing hand, monstrous physique III, overland flight, telekinesis, teleport, undead anatomy II, vermin shape II, wall of force, wall of stone.
6th-Level Magus Spells—acid fog, bear's endurance (mass), beast shape IV, bull's strength (mass), cat's grace (mass), chain lightning, contagious flame, disintegrate, dispel magic (greater), elemental body III, flesh to stone, forceful hand, form of the dragon I, freezing sphere, mislead, monstrous physique IV, sirocco, stone to flesh, transformation, true seeing, undead anatomy III, wall of iron.
Magus level 3
- Arcane Accuracy (Su) : The magus can expend 1 point from his arcane pool as a Swift action to grant himself an Insight bonus equal to his Intelligence bonus on all attack rolls until the end of his turn.
- Broad Study (Ex) : The magus selects another one of his spellcasting classes. The magus can use his Spellstrike, Spell combat and ability to cast in Armor abilities while casting or using spells from the spell list of that class. The magus must possess levels in at least one other spellcasting class before selecting this arcana.
- Close Range (Ex) : The magus can deliver ray spells that feature a ranged touch attack as melee touch spells. He can use a ranged touch attack spell that targets more than one creature (such as scorching ray), but he makes only one melee touch attack to deliver one of these ranged touch effects; additional ranged touch attacks from that spell are wasted and have no effect. These spells can be used with the spellstrike class feature.
- Concentrate (Ex): The magus can spend 1 Arcane Pool pts to reroll any concentration check he has just made with a +4 bonus as a free action. He must use this ability after the roll is made, but before the roll's outcome is determined. The magus take the best of is two rolls. The magus cannot use this power more than once per round.
- Consume Magic Items (Su): The Magus can consume the power of potions, scrolls, staves, and wands, using them to fill her arcane reservoir. Using this ability is a standard action that provokes an attack of opportunity. When using this exploit, the Magus adds a number of points to her arcane pool equal to half the level of the spell contained in the item (o-level and 1st level spells do not recharge the Magus’s arcane reservoir). If used on a potion or scroll, the item is destroyed. If used on a wand, the wand loses 5 charges (if it has less than 5 charges, the wand is destroyed and the Magus gains no benefit). If used on a staff, it looses one charge and the Magus gains a number of points to his arcane reservoir equal to the highest-level spell the staff can cast using only 1 charge (if the staff has no spells that require only 1 charge, the Magus cannot use that staff with this ability). No more than 1 charge can be drawn from a staff each day in this way. Points gained in excess of the reservoir’s maximum are lost.
- Counterspell (Su) : By expending one point from her arcane reservoir, the Magus can attempt to counterspell a spell as it is being cast. She must identify the spell being cast as normal. If the check is successful, the Magus can then use an immediate action and expend an available Magus spell slot of a level at least one higher than the level of the spell being cast. To counterspell the spell, the
Magus must make dispel check as if using dispel magic. If the spell being countered is one that the Magus has prepared, she can instead expend an available Magus spell slot of that level and she receives a +5 bonus on the dispel check.
- Maneuver Mastery (Ex) The magus has mastered combat maneuver. Whenever he is attempting a maneuver (like bull rush, disarm, trip, grapple...), he uses his magus level in place of his base attack bonus.
- Wand Mastery (Su): Whenever The magus uses a wand, rod o, he calculates the DC for any spell it contains using his Intelligence modifier, instead of the minimum modifier needed to cast a spell of that level.
- Wand Wielder (Su): The magus can activate a wand, rod or staff in place of casting a spell when using spell combat.
- Martial Apprentice (Ex) : The Magus learn a little more Combat Prowess than the average Magus. He may learn stances and maneuvers from three discipline of is choice that he need to choose when he first learn this power. He Gain access to 2 Maneuvers Knowns and Readied and 1 Stance Knowns. Is Magus count as Full level toward is Initiator level.
- Shield (Su): The Magus gains a deflection bonus to AC equal to the level of spell used to empower this power. The bonus is considered a force effect, and lasts for a one minute per level of spell sacrificed.
- Smite (Su): The Magus gains an insight bonus to attack and damage on his next attack roll(made before the end of his next turn). The bonus is equal to the level of spell sacrificed to empower this rivenspell.
Magus level 6
- Martial Adept (Ex) : The Magus Combat Prowess improved and he gain access to a 4th discipline. He now know 4 maneuvers but can only readied 3 at a time. He still only know 1 stance. The Magus must have Martial Apprentice before selecting this power.
- Dimensionnal Slide (Su) : The Magus can expend one point from her arcane reservoir to create a dimensional crack that she can step through to reach another location. This ability is used as part of a move action or withdraw action, allowing her to move up to 10 feet per Magus level to any location she can see; this is in place of 5 feet of movement. She can only use this ability once per round. She does not provoke an attack of opportunity for the movement caused by this ability, but any other movement provokes as normal.
- Dispel (Su): The Magus empower is weapon so the next creature he hits with a melee attack (before the end of the Magus’s next turn) is the subject of a targeted dispel, as from a dispel magic spell. The Cap to the Dispel Check is equal to 3 per Spell level (1d20+15 for a level 5 spell for example)
- Metamixing (Su) : The Magus can expend one point from her arcane reservoir to add a metamagic feat that she knows to a spell as she casts it, using a higher-level spell slot as normal, but using the sp ell’s original casting time. She can use this ability to add a metamagic feat to a spell that she prepared using a metamagic feat, although she cannot the same metamagic feat on a given spell more than once.
- Potent Magic (Su) : Whenever the Magus expends one use of her arcane reservoir to increase the power of is spell the caster level and the DC is increased by 2 instead of 1.
- Spell Tinkerer (Su) : The Magus can alter an existing spell effect by expending one point from her arcane reservoir. She must be adjacent to the spell effect (or the effect’s target) and be aware of the effect to use this ability. She can choose to increase or decrease the remaining duration of the spell by 50% (adding or subtracting 50% from the remaining duration). This ability can be used on unwilling targets, but the Magus must succeed at a melee touch attack, and the target may attempt a Will
saving throw to negate the effect. This ability cannot be used on a given spell effect more than once. This ability has no effect on spells that are instantaneous or have a duration of permanent.
- Spell Disruption (Su) : The Magus can temporarily disrupt a spell by expending one point from her arcane reservoir. This ability suppresses a spell effect for a number of rounds equal to the Magus’s Charisma modifier (minimum 1) if she succeeds at a dispel check against the spell (as per dispel magic). If the spell affects multiple creatures, this ability only suppresses the spell for one creature. At the end of this duration, the spell resumes and the suppressed rounds do not count against its total duration. This ability can be used on unwilling targets, but the Magus must succeed at a melee touch attack, and the target may attempt a Will saving throw to negate the effect. This ability has no effect on spells that are instantaneous or have a duration of permanent.
- Vigor (Su): The Magus gains 5 temporary hit points per level of the spell used to empower this rivenspell. Multiple uses of the vigor power do not stack, each use resets the number of temporary hit points based on its level. Thoses Tempory Hit Point last until used or until the end of the encounter.
- Bolt (Su): As part of the swift action sacrificing a spell to power this effect, the Magus may make a ranged attack at a single target. For each level of the spell used to power this effect, the ranged attack deals 1d6 points of force damage and adds 10 feet to the maximum range.
Magus level 9
- Martial Initiate (Ex) : The Magus Combat Prowess improved and he gain access to a 5th discipline. He now know 6 maneuvers but can only readied 4 at a time and he know 2 stances. The Magus must have Martial Adept before selecting this power.
- Hasted Assault (Su) : The magus can expend 1 point from his arcane pool as a swift action to move more quickly. This functions as haste, but only targets the magus and lasts for a number of rounds equal to the magus's Intelligence bonus.
- Focus (Su): The Magus gains a bonus to skill checks made with one skill selected when this power is used. The bonus is equal to twice the level of spell used to empower the rivenspell. If the skill selected is Acrobatics, Appraise, Bluff, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Escape Artist, Heal, Intimidate, Knowledge (any), Linguistics, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spellcraft, or Use Magic Device the bonus lasts until the beginning of the Magus’s next turn. If the skill selected is Climb, Fly, Handle Animal, Perception, Perform, Ride, Stealth, or Swim the bonus lasts for one minute per level of spell sacrificed. If the skill is Craft, Profession, or Survival the bonus applies to any one use of the skill that does not take more than 24 hours.
- Save (Su): As an immediate action, the Magus may sacrifice a spell after he have missed a saving throw. He gain a bonus on that save equal to +2 per Spell level of the spell used to power this effect. The Magus may only use this power once per round.
- Enhance Weapon (Su) The Magus can expend 1 pts from his Arcane Pool to provide the weapon with one of theses abilities until the end of the encounter. He cannot have a total of abilities greater than the normal bonus allowed by is Magic Weapon power who must be active when he want to use this power. The choice of abilities are : Bane (+1), Dancing (+4), Flaming (+1), Flaming Burst (+2), Frost (+1), Icy Burst (+2), Keen (+1), Shock (+1), Shocking Burst (+2), Speed (+3) or Vorpal (+5).
Magus level 12
- Critical Strike (Su): Whenever the magus scores a critical hit with a melee weapon, he may cast a spell with a range of touch as a swift action, then make a touch attack with that spell against the target of the critical hit as a free action.
- Counter Drain (Su) : Whenever the Magus successfully counterspells a spell, the Magus regains points to her arcane reservoir depending on the level of the spell countered. Spells of 2nd level or lower do not restore any points. Spells of 3rd, 4th, and 5th level restore one point. Spells of 6th, 7th, and 8th level restore two points. Spells of 9th level restore three points. The Magus must have the counterspell exploit before selecting this exploit. Greater Metamagic Knowledge: The Magus can select a metamagic feat as a bonus feat. She must meet the prerequisites of this feat. Each morning, when she
prepares her spells, the Magus can expend one point from her arcane reservoir to exchange this bonus feat for another metamagic feat, as long as she meets the prerequisites of the new feat. The Magus must have the metamagic knowledge exploit before selecting this exploit.
- Greater Spell Disruption (Su) : The Magus can disrupt a spell effect or magic item by expending one point from her arcane reservoir. This acts like a targeted dispel magic with a range of touch. The Magus can add her Charisma bonus to the dispel check. The Magus must have the spell disruption exploit before selecting this exploit.
- Dispelling Strike (Su): The magus can spend 1 or more points from his arcane pool as a swift action to imbue his weapon with a special power. If the weapon strikes a creature within the next minute, that creature is the subject of a targeted dispel magic using the magus's level as the caster level, except that this effect cannot dispel a spell of a level higher than the number of arcane pool points expended to activate this ability (treat higher-level spells as if they do not exist and apply the dispel attempt to the remaining spells with the highest caster level). Once the strike is made, the power dissipates, even if the dispel attempt is unsuccessful.
- Martial Expert (Ex) : The Magus Combat Prowess improved and he gain access to a 6th discipline. He now know 8 maneuvers but can only readied 6 at a time and he know 2 stances. The Magus must have Martial Initiate before selecting this power.
- Aura of Adamant (Su) : The Magus and all allies within is Aura of Agression radius gain DR/-- equal to your Intelligence modifier and Spell Resistance equal to 11 + 1/2 Your Class level + Your Intelligence modifier.
Magus level 15
- Accurate Strike (Su) : The magus can expend 2 point from his arcane pool as a Swift action to resolve all of his melee weapon attacks until the end of his turn as Melee Touch Attacks. The Magus need to know the Arcane Accuracy power before selecting this one.
- Reflection (Su): The magus can sacrifice 3 points from his arcane pool as an immediate action to reflect a spell back at its caster. This functions as spell turning.
- Siphon Spell (Su) : When the Magus uses the disrupt spell greater exploit, she can siphon some of the power to restore her arcane reservoir. If the caster level of the spell is equal to or higher than the Magus and she exceeds the DC of the dispel check by 5 or more, she regains 1 point to her arcane reservoir. If she exceeds this check by 10 or more, she instead regains 2 points to her arcane
reservoir. This has no effect on magic items. The Magus must have the greater spell disruption exploit before selecting this exploit.
- Spell Thief (Su) : The Magus can steal a spell affecting one creature by expending one point from her arcane reservoir. If the creature is unwilling, she must succeed at a melee touch attack to steal the spell; the target must succeed at a Will saving throw to negate the effect. The Magus can specify a spell affecting the target to steal, but if she’s incorrect or doesn’t know what spells are affecting the target, the spell stolen is determined randomly from all those affecting the target. If successful, the spell effect
transfers to the Magus, affecting her for the remaining duration. This ability doesn’t grant the Magus a saving throw against the effect, unless it normally allows for a new saving throw during its duration (such as at the end of each round). The Magus cannot use this ability to steal a spell with a range of personal or a duration of permanent. The Magus must have the spell tinkerer exploit before selecting this exploit.
- Martial Master (Ex) : The Magus Combat Prowess improved and he gain access to a 7th discipline. He now know 10 maneuvers but can only readied 7 at a time and he know 3 stances. The Magus must have Martial Initiate before selecting this power.
Magus level 18
- Sensei (Ex) : The Magus Combat Prowess improved and he gain access to a 8th discipline. He now know 12 maneuvers but can only readied 8 at a time and he know 4 stances. The Magus must have Martial Initiate before selecting this power.// increase recovery
(3) Arcane Bond: Weapon
(9) Lingering Pain (Su) The Magus can expend 1 pts from his Arcane Pool as a Immediate action after hitting an opponent with a weapon attack. All damage from that attack (including damage from a spell cast using the spellstrike ability) is considered continuous damage for the purposes of any concentration checks made by the target prior to the beginning of the magus’s next turn.
(12) Arcane Edge (Su) The Magus can expend 1 pts from his Arcane Pool as a Immediate action after hitting a target with is weapon. He deal an amount of Bleed damage equal to is intelligence modifier until healed or until the end of the encounter. Multiple use of this power don't stack.
(3) Arcane Bond: Shield
(x) Shield Enhancement : animated, arrow catching, arrow deflection, bashing, blinding, fortification (any), reflecting, spell resistance (any).
Spellstrike (Su) At 1st level, a skirnir may use this ability with a weapon or shield bash attack.Modifier
(3) Arcane Bond: ???
(3) Dash (Su): Until the end of the Magus’s next turn, he gains an enhancement bonus to each form of movement equal to 10ft. per level of spell sacrificed.
(6) Arcane Cloak (Su) : The Magus can expend 1 point from his arcane pool to add is Intelligence Bonus to Stealth and Bluff check to create a diversion in order to hide. This effect last for the encounter.
Ranged Spellstrike (Su) At 4th level, a myrmidarch can use spellstrike to cast a single-target touch attack ranged spell and deliver it through a ranged weapon attack. Even if the spell can normally affect multiple targets, only a single missile, ray, or effect accompanies the attack.At 11th level, a myrmidarch using a multiple-target spell with this ability may deliver one ray or line of effect with each attack when using a full-attack action, up to the maximum allowed by the spell (in the case of ray effects). Any effects not used in the round the spell is cast are lost. This ability replaces spell recall and improved spell recall.Modifier
Sneak Attack / Skirmish
(3) Arcane Bond: Familiar
Quarterstaff Defense (Ex) At 7th level, while wielding a quarterstaff, the staff magus gains a shield bonus to his Armor Class equal to the enhancement bonus of the quarterstaff, including any enhancement bonus on that staff from his arcane pool class feature. At 13th level, this bonus increases by +3. This ability replaces the medium armor and heavy armor class abilities.Modifier
(6) Elemental Strike (Su): The magus can expend 1 point from his arcane pool as a standard action to charge his free hand with energy. He can make a melee touch attack with that hand as a free action as part of activating this ability. If the touch attack hits, it releases the charge and deals 2d6 points of energy damage (acid, cold, electricity, or fire, chosen when he spends the arcane pool point to activate this ability). If he misses with this attack, he can hold the charge for up to 1 minute before it dissipates. At 6th level, and every three levels thereafter, the amount of damage dealt by this attack increases by 1d6.
(3) Silent Magic (Su): By expanding 1 Arcane Pool Pts, the magus can cast a spell as if it were modified by the Silent Spell feat. This does not increase the casting time or the level of the spell.
(3) Still Magic (Su): By expanding 1 Arcane Pool Pts, the magus can cast a spell as if it were modified by the Still Spell feat. This does not increase the casting time or the level of the spell.
(9) Empowered Magic (Su): By expanding 2 Arcane Pool Pts, the magus can cast a spell as if it were modified by the Empower Spell feat. This does not increase the casting time or the level of the spell.
(12) Maximized Magic (Su): By expanding 3 Arcane Pool Pts, the magus can cast a spell as if it were modified by the Maximize Spell feat. This does not increase the casting time or the level of the spell.
(15) Arcane Surge (Su): By expanding 3 Arcane Pool Pts, the magus can cast a spell as if it were modified by the Quicken Spell feat. This does not increase the casting time or the level of the spell.